Wednesday 14 November 2007

Funky Monkey Sockies


I never did show anyone my newbie socks... so here they are..
Yup... those are my feet....

#1 - my calves are big, but NOT that big... let's just say that faced with the option of shaving my legs at 11:45 pm at night, or exaggerating the extreme peasant-like shape of my calves with heavy duty photographic perspective... I chose the latter.

Addendum: My cherished friend FIBRE FLOOZIE says that I actually have 'Klondike hooker calves' -- oh boy, do I feel better about my self image now...

#2 - the pattern used is Monkey ... gorgeous leafy lace patterning with a lovely variegated yarn.. Designed by a very inspiring knit designer named Cookie A.

http://www.knitty.com/issuewinter06/PATTmonkey.html

Cookie A. used a variegated yarn. So did I.... I used a lovely yarn called Opal, whom my buddette, fibre floozie, a.k.a. Guerrilla Knitter, assures me is the crack-cocaine of sock yarn.... However, look at my colours - oooomigosh - my Monkey Socks look like Monkey with mumps socks... you can't even see the lacy patterning...

But then again, you can't see that I didn't shave my legs either!

No comments: