Wednesday 29 April 2009

So, Nu? What's New?

It's amazing. No matter how many things I cross off the knitting to-do list, the list just never gets finished. It's probably a combination of the fact that I keep adding to the list, and that small matter of the fact that the stash keeps growing. I really don't know how this happened, really.
NB: Always have one credit card that your partner neither knows about, nor sees the statement of -- this is the VISA or MASTERCARD on which you buy their gifts (they don't need to know how much or how little things cost). And your gifts. I call my personal VISA my yarn card. Miraculously, this card was recently upgraded to Platinum, while our joint card is still at the 'regular' rating. I really don't know how this happened, really.
Here are some of the tchatchkehs (thing-a-ma-jiggies & whatzits) that have been keeping me from finishing my not-finished-yet cardigan & my IDF hats.
First: the cast cosy I made for Jodi, who really was the coolest mum on the hill that Sunday afternoon, snowboarding for the first time along side her 3 spunky boys, until she wiped out and broke her wrist.
And then there was this knitted bunny I made for me sweet little buddy Harry who turned 1 this month. The H.W. are indeed his monogram, although, I like to say they stand for "Hawwy's Wabbit".
Ziggy. My darling son goes through the knees of his jeans at an alarming rate. Here's a new trick I figured out. Knit a little intarsia square/rectangle in a good quality DK cotton. And Voila: Really cool knee patch. He calls these his Star & Pirate pants, respectively. And yes... I too think it's really interesting that, so far, it's only the right knee of every pair of pants I have had to repair... sharper knee cap on that side? Actually, I have the Superbowl to blame. Ever since Ziggy saw the Boss slide across the stage during the half-time show.... he's been a rabid Springsteen fan. But, man, my kindergarten kid sure can ROCK!













And now what?
Well, I've been called up for jury duty selection and plan to get a lot of knitting accomplished that week. I really don't feel like I have the time to sit around determining the fate of another human being. Besides, who am I to decide Guilty or Not? To date my only judgements I have passed has been Knitter or Not?
To expedite a prompt dismissal as an unfair and unjust juror, I plan to shlep a really big bag of knitting along, mention often that I like pigeons & kittens and that I like to knit them little sweaters. Or I shall use Madame Defarge as my prototype as see how far that gets me. More to follow. Hey, maybe I can finally finish that Aussie-Merino sweater now that the weather is turning warm. Talk about not fair!

No comments: