Wednesday 11 May 2016

Sock Knitting is my Happy Place

You know it's too many when you've transformed your yarn stash into a sock stash trove.

I have been cleansing both body and spirit through a long cathartic knitted process that could be described as PTSKD (post traumatic sock knitting design).  

I believe the enormous pressure of last Fall has been successfully washed away via the stitch by tiny stitch creation of footwear.  Becoming a real-live, ole-skool style, 3D printer of socks, was the only way to successfully weave a secure fabric of my cosmos back into solid footing.  Sock Therapy, would be an apt description; the creative process so closely linked with resuscitation and renewal.  And now....what next?  My Mum brought me some lovely handpainted DK yarn from her travels through Alaska and my immediate thought was "SOCKS! YAY" ...but no... please note: suggestions for a non footy, one-skein wonder are most welcome.

I am about to embark on a year long Knit Your Own Bar Mitzvah: Maverick turns 12 in the morning. 

It is time to start planning, designing and creating Maverick's iconic Bar Mitzvah 'ritual' items.  Stay tuned... ideas are forming, and how they manifest themselves over this upcoming year should prove, I hope, engaging for you readers.

No comments: